Revitalize® Heavy to Moderate Wood and Concrete Resurfacer
Extend the life of time-worn wood and concrete. Pittsburgh Paints & Stains Revitalize Heavy to Moderate Resurfacer and Sealant in One is a high-performing, 100% acrylic product with a flexible crack-bridging formula to uniformly seal when the wood contracts or expands due to changes in temperature. One gallon covers up to 75 sq. ft. in two coats and can be tinted to all Pittsburgh Paints & Stains solid stain colors.
- Waterproofing protection
- Barefoot friendly and slip resistant
- Locks down splinters
- Fills cracks up to 1/4"
- Provides a mildew-resistant coating
- Resists fading
- Easy soap and water clean up
- Available in all 130+ solid stain colors
Where to use
- Swimming pool decks
- Retaining walls and more
For Wood: Surface must be clean, dry and free of loose wood/wood fibers, dirt, grease, mildew and algae. Complete all of the following steps:
- Scrape to remove peeling paint/stain.
- Replace rotting or severely damaged boards, remove all loose splinters.
- Secure loose deck screws, raised nail heads or loose decking boards.
- Clean with Pittsburgh Paints & Stains Ultra Deck Cleaner and rinse well to remove cleaning product residue, and contaminants. Repeat cleaning steps as many times as necessary to remove ALL dirt, mildew, grease and algae.
- Pressure-wash using LOW to MODERATE pressure. Allow wood to dry for a minimum of 24 hours. If you are unsure if the wood is dry enough, you can test for dryness. View the Prep and Application video on the Revitalize product webpage for detailed instructions on how to perform the Dryness Test.
- Perform the loose wood fiber test to check for loose fibers. Sand with coarse sandpaper to remove any loose wood fibers and then remove all sanding dust. (View the Prep and Application video on the Revitalize product webpage for detailed instructions on how to perform the Loose Wood Fiber Test).
- Fill wood cracks and depressions deeper than ¼” with an exterior paintable sealant caulk (follow manufacturer’s instructions).
For Concrete: Complete all of the following steps:
- Scrape away all loose/peeling previous coatings.
- Clean with Pittsburgh Paints & Stains Ultra Deck Cleaner or a pressure washer. Repeat cleaning step until ALL surface contaminants (dirt, grease, mildew and algae) are completely removed.
- Rinse well to remove cleaner residue.
- Patch cracks and depressions larger than ¼” with a polymeric concrete patching compound (follow manufacturer’s instructions). Do not use caulks or other non-concrete patching compounds.
Application: Both wood and concrete surfaces must be completely dry before beginning to apply Revitalize. Stir product thoroughly. Apply with high quality brush and/or ½” nap roller. Two coats are required.
Before applying first coat, dab a heavily loaded brush into cracks, gaps, nail/screw holes and knots until filled. For cupped, cracked or warped boards, drive product into cracks by rolling across the narrow width as well as the length of the board. Lightly brush any product that drips between the boards. Cut in around the edges of the deck or concrete surface with a brush using a short dabbing stroke.
To apply the first coat, fully saturate the roller by rolling back and forth in the tray. A fully-loaded roller will cover an area of approximately 5-7 sq. ft. Using light and even pressure, apply product to a few boards or a few square feet at a time, keeping a wet edge to avoid lap marks. Lightly backbrush after rolling for a smoother appearance. Please use caution when applying around aquatic habitats to avoid spills.
To apply second coat, cut in around edges of entire surface again and roll out like the first coat.
Application Temperature: Apply Revitalize when air and surface temperatures are between 50 - 90 degrees F for 24 hours (day and night). Do not apply if rain is expected within 24 hours of each coat.
Drying Time: Drying times will vary depending on weather and condition of surface. Allow minimum of 6 hours for the first coat to dry. Allow final coat to dry 48 hours before foot traffic and 72 hours before replacing furniture or heavy objects. Cool or humid conditions require longer drying time. If surface remains tacky, allow more time to dry. Premature use will cause coating to fail. Avoid heavy use for 30 days to allow full cure to hard finish.
Cleanup: Clean tools with warm soapy water.
Sizes & Datasheets
|41-2904||Solid Color||One Gallon, Five Gallon||TDS||SDS|